Sunday, June 23, 2019

Podcasts for your Pockets


If you consider yourself an avid listener to podcasts or it's something you dabble in on occasion ditch your usual streaming app for Podcoin. Podcoin is an app. that hosts thousands of podcasts including your favorites i'm sure, but what makes it so special? You can earn points towards gifts cards just by listening. Podcoin boasts a 4.7 rating with nearly 5,000 reviews, they also offer over a dozen categories, so if by chance your favorite podcast isn't listed you're guaranteed to find something you can enjoy!








 How do you earn points?

For every 10 minutes you listen through the app. you earn 1 point. If you listen for 3+ days in a row you double your earning as a bonus. On occasion they even offer additional podcasts for an even larger bonus.You just have to keep an eye out.
Do these points really add up?

Now that is the real question! Like with most apps, this is no get rich quick method, it's going to take some time before you're ready to cash in for that gift card, but if you enjoy listening to podcasts on other mediums there's no real sacrifice for switching and the points do add up. From what i've learned so far they also don't expire so whether you listen daily or weekly your points will be there banking for you when you're ready to cash out.

What giftcards can I earn?

The great thing about the Podcoin app is that there is a variety of gift cards available and in different currencies. You can cash out quick with a $2.00 amazon card or save up if you're from Canada or the United Kingdom. There are more cards than just these ones that are available too, so more options to choose from! And the best part about this reward system is there's not benefit for saving long time, the higher cards are worth the same value as the lower ones.




How is my savings?

I started using this app on May 10th and to date (June 23, 2019) I have 1,847 points accumulated which is just shy of $5.00. 
I do try to use this app as much as I'm able, and I do try to get some value out of it. I had never listened to a podcast before downloading so I'm still scowering the internet for ones that I enjoy. More recently i've tasked myslf with finding useful podcasts. I've been listening to The Savings Angel to learn more about couponing and I've been getting tips for writing grants and hosting non-profit events.

The app says I've listened for a total of 146 and 34 minutes. 

This is one of the apps I try to use daily just to keep that double point streak going, but i have messed up on several days. This app is also super easy to keep running on the background of your phone, i haven't had any issues with it eating up my battery so as long as I'm not bothering anyone I try to keep something playing all the time. 

My goal is to cash out when I reach 20,000 points so I can snag a $50 amazon gift card. 

Is this app worth the time?

This app requires almost no fussing with and it can easily run with other apps. If you have an extra ipod/iphone or ipad laying around you really wouldn't need to do any work at all to have these points add up. Plus there's no messing around with referrals and the bonus point system is one of the easiest ones i've ever seen. This app is a no brainer for earning a couple bucks without really trying. 

I give it a 5/5 stars.

Just push play and get those points!

No comments:

Post a Comment