Wednesday, June 26, 2019

CoinOut: Are the Pennies Worth the Time?



 CoinOut is a receipt scanning app that gives you money for uploading pictures of your receipts. You may have seen this app featured on the popular entrepreneur show Shark Tank. Let me just say, this App has become easily my favorite It has a 4.7 rating with over 26,000 reviews. Please, if you spend



any time doing any of these Pocket Stuffer add this one to your list. I'm really pushing this app because I can almost guarantee you'll be able to get something from it. It's so user friendly and simple that there's no real reason not to have this one on your phone.
The CoinOut app is available in the App Store and Google Play.






How do I Earn Cash Back with CoinOut?

Earning cash back with CoinOut is one of the easiest things you'll do. Below you'll see a step by step method. First it's important to know that you can scan and receive cashback from almost any purchase you make that gives you a receipt. That means you can go out buy your groceries, grab lunch and fill up your gas tank and have the chance to receive cash back on all of those receipts. The only receipts that don't qualify are receipts for lottery, bank slips, money orders, hand written receipts or any receipt that doesn't have a product on it. 
The second step is also very easy! After you click the scan button you'll be prompted to take a photo of your receipt. Simply follow the guide on the screen and load your receipt into the program.
The third step doesn't require anything from you at all. If you wait a few minutes or seconds the app will go through the receipt and tell you how much cash back your receipt is worth and add that to your app saving balance.
CoinOut Home Page

Photograph your receipt
Receive your cash back


How Do you Receive Your Cash Back

CoinOut has three options to receive your cash back. You can choose from an Amazon gift card, a direct bank deposit or a deposit into your Paypal account. I don't personally believe in giving my bank information to places like this, no matter who endorses the site or how secure it is so I would advice the Paypal or Amazon option here.
Something else you should know about receiving cash back is that you can make a request once per week. There is no minimum balance need for the Amazon gift card or direct deposit options but if you elect to cash out with Paypal you need a minimum of $10.00 in your account to cash out.

What Else Should You Know?

  •  You have two weeks (14 days) to submit in store receipts through the app. After that time they won't be accepted.
  • The amount of receipts you can upload changes daily. The app creators set a limit each day, right now there isn't a way to know that limit until you reach it.
  •  You can also earn cash back by using links through the app. to shop online. It may be worth looking up the current percentages they use for cash back because I've found you can usually get better rates other places.
  •  The amount you receive for your receipts is actually done at random. There isn't a set amount for certain stores or products. The app creators actually set a range that can be received for each receipt and what you receive is handed out at random.
  • You can submit up to four E-receipts per day by sending a copy of your E-receipt to Receipts@coinout.com Unlike in store receipts these receipts have to be received the same day the order is placed. In order to receive your cash back you must include the e-mail used for your account and the phone number attached in the e-mail.
  •  It can take up to 48 hours to receive your cash back, if you run into any issues e-mail Support@coinout.com

Are There Bonuses?

CoinOut offers bonuses for different things throughout the app. If you scan through the small icon on the home screen of the app you'll find some of them talk about bonuses like the one pictured below the +$1 Badge. The badge below automatically awards you account an extra $1 when you reach a balance of $20 without cashing out. There are other bonuses as well that have different requirements and they also have rewards with purchase for different things. They're worth scanning through to see if you might be interested in anything. 

Do They Offer a Referral Program?

There is a referral program! You can receive $0.75 for each person you refer to the app. In the Refer and Share option you have the option to share on Facebook, Twitter or via e-mail. There is also an option to get a link that you can share anywhere you like. There is a refer option as well that gives you the option to send out a link via texting and connecting to your contacts. If you're interested in signing up and want to help me receive a referral bonus consider Clicking This Referral Link

What Do I Think?

Well, I wasn't kidding when I said this is one of my favorite money making apps. It's not because that balance adds up so fast, because I'll be honest with you it doesn't. It's because this app is SO easy to use that it would be silly not too. It takes seconds and even if you only receive $0.02 for each receipt it's extra cash you wouldn't have other wise. The time trade off is so minimal that it makes it worth it.
I mentioned its a slow earner. I found it interesting that I started using the app back in February and as of today (June 26, 2019) my balance is up to $3.30. I'll admit when I first downloaded the receipt I slacked on using it. I uploaded maybe one receipt a week, if that. I really got into using the app about two weeks ago and now I make sure to get those receipts and upload them daily so I don't miss out on any of that cash back. 
Again i'll say that you're not going to get rich using this app, but why not get something back? If you're using other apps to save money throwing this one in the mix doesn't take much more time and it only adds to how much you're going to receive in the end.
I plan on doing some kind of update on where my status is in these apps and how much I've managed to save up, so hopefully you'll be able to see my progress in the future and it will inspire you to join me!
Speaking of joining me if you want to sign up for this app and get me a referral bonus click on the link below, i'd greatly appreciate it! Also important to note as long as I can keep track I will never include referral bonuses in the amount saved up.

https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=GDK2AZ9

No comments:

Post a Comment